Sunday, December 21, 2008

’Tis the Season…

Christmas blessings to each of you. Thank you for checking in regularly on “The Benediction Project,” and for posting your thoughts from time to time. I feel very fortunate to have been given this ministry from the Lord, and I desire to bring some spiritual benefit to you when I write. I also appreciate when you contribute to the other readers.

Recently, because of increasing physical difficulties, I have had a hard time preparing my “Top Twelve Scripture Texts” material for December. I am working on one of the most important Bible passages to me, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. I want to leave these verses with you, as a benediction or blessing. I have found Paul’s testimony to be my own, and I wish these truths to be yours as well.

“But [the Lord] said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for [my] power is made perfect in weakness.’ So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Cor. 12:9-10, NRSV).

May our gracious God richly bless you and keep you in the coming days and years, as you live moment by moment in his presence and peace. Love to you through Christ!

No comments: