Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Heart Cries

Bob Rakestraw


In the United States, Thanksgiving Day was celebrated last week. Whether you live in the U.S. or in some other country on our common planet, I trust that you gave thanks to our gracious God for every blessing in your life.

I would like to use this brief posting to announce that my new book, “Heart Cries,” has just been released. I wrote this book, with the valuable help of my colleague and friend, Jane Spriggs, to encourage everyone to know God better through prayer. I have felt for years that misconceptions about God and his invitations to prayer have held back many people from the peaceful, joyful, confident life that God gives to those “praying by the Spirit in the midst of life” (the subtitle of the book).

Our desire in this book is to examine some basic biblical teachings about prayer, basic guidelines and approaches to prayer, and difficult questions about prayer, while devoting a major section of the book to actual prayers I have written and prayed over the past twenty-five years concerning some of the most crucial elements of life.

The book is grace-infused, not legalistic. I recommend it to you for your personal growth and comfort, as well as a gift book for those on your Christmas list. The cost is $13.99.

To order your copies please visit: www.createspace.com/900001812.

One more item: Jane and I, with our spouses, will be present at a book-signing for “Heart Cries” on Tuesday, December 7, 2010 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm. This will be at the Bethel Seminary Lower Campus Center, 3949 Bethel Drive, St. Paul, MN 55112. (It is actually in the city of Arden Hills, MN.) Please come if you are in the area and share with us some cider, cookies, candies, and conversation.

Lord, teach us to pray!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the completion and release of your new book! I look forward to picking up a copy or three. If possible I will come to the book signing as well. It would be good for my soul to see you and Judy again after all these years.

In His love,
Nan Ahlgren

Scott Volltrauer said...

Dr. Rakestraw,

I regularly pray for you, your family and for your ministry.
I appreciate your insights on your blog.
I was looking forward to seeing you today.
Last night was a sleepless night as I felt a cold coming on.
This morning I chose not to join the book signing gathering.
I thought that bringing a freshly minted cold virus into the public was inconsiderate.
Right or wrong i thought that colds might also be a danger to you.
Congratulations and I regret missing your book signing today.

Scott Volltrauer